Skip to header
Our   Story

Menu

Welcome to Moreton Bay - Our Story

Carmody's Royal Hotel in 1978Redcliffe BeachRedcliffe JettySeries of proofs - Buildings in the Pine Rivers ShireThe Morrison family home in the Samford Valley, 1907Caboolture River Bridge on Morayfield Road, ca. 1920sOpposite the Redcliffe Jetty  ca. 1925Bullock team hauling empty molasses tankers from the Normanby Distillery to the Strathpine Railway Station, ca. 1948 Hornibrook Highway ca. 1970 Woodford Motors in 1932

Welcome


The Moreton Bay Local History Collection captures the history of the Moreton Bay Region, showing how our communities and suburbs have grown and changed over time, from the influences of large manufacturers, to the growth of our suburban centres and communities that are along the coastline and D'Aguilar Range.

Special Care Notice:
Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that content in this website and various linked websites may contain images, voices, or names of deceased persons.

Search


 

Featured


Proof Sheets for publication Tracks and Times, 1988 - Proof Sheet 20Fairfield - Wet End Annexe Air Board No. 5Sir Robert Menzies (Prime Minister of Australia) VisitWoody Point Special SchoolOld Shire Hall, Gympie Road Strathpine - Renovations (1984-1986)Office at the Normanby Distillery in disrepair, Strathpine, early 1970sLabourersDuke of Edinburgh VisitThe SS Koopa leaving the Bongaree Jetty, ca. 1930sWater TruckEnoch Horne, ca. 1840Interior view of Wybalena Arts and Crafts, Samford, ca. 1980sAerial photograph of Strathpine Township in 1958Queens Beach, ScarboroughRedcliffe Hospital with car park in the foregroundPushing a wheelbarrow across Bribie Island to raise funds for Ambulance Station for the Island in the 1960sFilmer's Hotel EntertainmentSide view of Caboolture Police Station, ca. 1937Turner StreetJohn McKenzie (1828-1908), pioneer of DayboroThe foreshore near the Bancroft Sea BathsTom Petrie's home Murrumba at North Pine (now Petrie), 1907Aerial view of the southern end of Bribie Island in the mid 1970sMarstaellan - Male Staff Member under treeNewport canalsMachine Shutdown - 1974The Two BridgesPetrie Mill - Machine - 1974 - 31 August 1974Caravan parked outside house in Elliott Street Caboolture in 1970sSharkHome of Dr Joseph Bancroft (1836 to 1894)Caboolture Ambulance StationFootbridge over One Mile Creek - Chandler Reserve, JoynerCaboolture Post Office and CourthouseMoreton Bay HotelWoodford Butter Factory, ca. 1930sPortrait photograph of two womenChristmas Party - Children on merry-go-roundPenny and SaltyFebruary 2022 Floods - White Patch Causeway ReconstructionNorth Pine Country Park in 1995 - School PlayshedUnknown employees in a meetingBlacksmith Shop in Woodford in 1878North Pine Country Park buildings, ca. 1993Construction and Machinery - Petrie MillRedcliffe Municipal LibraryTripcony Home at Toorbul Point, ca. 1892Alfred Tinney, ca. 1890Construction and Machinery - Petrie MillDonkey and plane

We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects
to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.